Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LY6 compatability

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 to LY6 compatability

Hi guys Im new to the ls world. I have a 78 gbody malibu with 350 in it, I got a hold of an LY6. I have a guy that supposedly has an LS1 harness and ECU, intake everything. I know the intake is different, and the LS1 is a 24 or 28 tooth reluctor wheel and the LY6 is a 58 tooth.
I would like to take that from him, get a ls3 intake and use LS1 throttle body, cable operated and not electronic, harness and ecu. Can that be made to work? Can it be reflashed to use the 58 tooth signal or is that just something not worth it and I should look to get something else?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Lingenfelter makes a converter box to accomplish what you are trying to Do. I have never used one myself so I can't tell you how well it works. I'm sure they can tell you if you call their tech line

http://www.lingenfelter.com/product/...l#.VyrXA3NOnqA
Old 05-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Teching In

That is sweet thanks. I think that willl make life a little easier for me. I could make use of the factory idle air control without havint to find the electronic pedal assembly. Well next thing I guess is to see if he actually comes through and Ill be set on that part anyways.

Quick Reply: LS1 to LY6 compatability