Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sudden 'No Start' - Trouble shooting help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sudden 'No Start' - Trouble shooting help please

My car just randomly decided that it wouldn't start anymore. I've had zero startup issues from the time I completed this swap about 3 months ago. But this past weekend after sitting for about a month while I did my front suspension swap..no start. I didn't touch any wiring while rebuilding the front suspension.

So I pulled all fuses and verified that they are ok, jumped my clutch switch and the car started this past Monday. Plugged the clutch switch back in, car started fine. But today, same deal, no start.

-Engine turns over fine
-Battery is charged, and I've tried with boost from my bat. charger as well as charging overnight.
-Cleared DTC's via HPTuners
-Verified all fuses are fine
-Verified 12v+ at Injector pink wire
-Verified 12v+ at Coil pink wire
-Fuel pump fine and pressure @58 when I turn on the key
-Read PCM and verified that VATS is 'none'
-Verified clutch permissive switch is ok
-Reflashed PCM with my current tune file
-verified no spark at spark plug while cranking

I'm hoping someone can give me a few ideas as to what I should look at next, I'm a bit lost.

Last edited by michael101; 05-05-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check your grounds
Old 05-07-2016, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update

I had a few minutes to fool with the car today so I decided to add the crank sensor channel to VCM scanner and see if the sensor input is ok while cranking the car. For some reason the car started right up like nothing had ever been wrong. I turned off and re-started several times with no issue. And of course the crank sensor was showing to be active in VCM scanner.

This isn't really good news, as I've made no changes since the 'no start' problem so I have no idea why it started.

I did notice a P0103 DTC (MAF ckt. hi) and I'm wondering if that might cause a no-start? My car is SD and has no MAF. I haven't been having that DTC show up until this problem started.

I'll double check grounding tomorrow but doubt that is the issue (never say never though so I'll check). This is a new swap install and all ground wiring and ground to chassis/motor/battery points are newly installed and very robust.

Quick Reply: Sudden 'No Start' - Trouble shooting help please