Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 2 lean code runs rich

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank 2 lean code runs rich

I have a 99 camaro with a 01 ls and t56. Car was originally a v6 five speed. The swap went well but I'm having problems with it not running right.
The motor has 799 ls2 heads, forged internals, air delete, egr delete, post cat delete, stand alone harness, 62# injectors, and a comp blower cam with an sts turbo kit running 8 lbs of boost.
I have seen the motor in a different car run great. After the swap I have had nothing but problems with it.
So anyways I'm getting a lean code but my afr is showing rich. It's around 10.5 to 11 without the turbo hooked up. If I hook the turbo up it won't even idle.
Car has been tuned for all the mentions above but wont run like ive seen it do before. Things I have checked or done are vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, new o2s, spark plugs new maf, 2 bar map, and fuel pressure. I just dont get why it's showing a code for one bank. I've also checked the ltfts for that bank which stay steafy at 25% and the volts for the o2 are 0 to 0.03.

Last edited by 99turbols; 05-18-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

had a similar problem with my 414 oddly same bank and a v6 swap car as well, but that had nothing to do with it.

Traced mine to the ECM itself, it was just not interpreting the signal from the o2 at all and keep ramping the injector pulse for that bank to compensate.....only problem was the o2 always read lean.

I believed the ecm pin for that o2 was burn out, so Im currently in the process of swapping to a 99+ ecm and I have to repin my harness cause its a 98 car.

not saying yours is your ECM but its a path to look into. Start looking into as much of the wiring as possible for that O2 looking for stripped wire for it to dump the signal. that sort of thing.

course this is all assuming you're monitering AFR with a wideband thats not feeding into the ecm.

But if im reading your post right it sounds like your bank 2 is registering lean, but your wideband suggests otherwise right?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Run a data log and see if the sensor is cycling at idle.

Also check to see that you do not have the bank 1 and 2 plugs swapped, We have seen this ALOT, Causes very similar issues.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Teching In

I tried putting a ecm I had laying around on and it came up with the same results. I'm beginning to wonder if my o2 wires are bad.

I will try to switch plugs and see what I come up with tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:26 PM
Teching In

And yes my o2 isreading lean but my afr says rich
Old 05-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Teching In

So i got around to swapping the computer and it did the same thing. My wiring for the o2 sensors are in the correct spot unless the guy who did the standalone swapped the wires by accident. I tried unhooking the o2 plugs and it seemed to almost run better but there was no way to tell what my ltfts were.

Quick Reply: Bank 2 lean code runs rich