Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT afr going rich after shifting

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT afr going rich after shifting

Ok so I'm new to tuning and thought I had my wot afr set. But I only set it in 1st gear, 02 m6, because I was on the street. So at the drag strip last weekend I run and noticed my afr going from 12.8 at WOT through 1st gear then once I got back to WOT after shifting the afr was 11.2 or 11.4 I can't remember. But it was low 11's. What could be causing this? I have no idea where to even start.

I don't have access to my tune right now because I'm at work but I will upload the tune and log of the run later today.

I put this on hptuners forum also.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you adjust the VE, MAF, and PE tables? Its hard to get really good data in 1st gear usually because it revs so fast or you spin. When making fuel adjustments you want slow and steady throttle movements. To get a better data log you can put it in 4th around 40mph and then floor it and it will give you a slow long rpm pull to get data vs a second of data in 1st gear.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just fixed my wot rich problem. As stated above. You'll need to dial back your ve table a little bit until you get back to your commanded afr

Quick Reply: WOT afr going rich after shifting