PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NoGo...is there any way to apply the VE formula using HPTuners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NoGo...is there any way to apply the VE formula using HPTuners?

I may not entirely grasp what happened in the VE Table Cracked thread, but it appears to be Edit-specific. All of the information in my 98's VE table is in percentages. Do I need to use your formula, and then consider 2900 as 100% and calculate the percentage based on that and input it into the table? Is there anything I will need to do to correct the values? I am trying to build a new VE table...but it isn't working out so well.

HPTuners has a neat-o option to log your VE. Quite frankly though, it sucks. I ended up with values that made a nice curve, but are useless for tuning (I know because I loaded the table into my car and tried it...very lean...very lean). Can you lend a hand here?
Old 06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool

Originally Posted by Another_User
I may not entirely grasp what happened in the VE Table Cracked thread, but it appears to be Edit-specific. All of the information in my 98's VE table is in percentages. Do I need to use your formula, and then consider 2900 as 100% and calculate the percentage based on that and input it into the table? Is there anything I will need to do to correct the values? I am trying to build a new VE table...but it isn't working out so well.

HPTuners has a neat-o option to log your VE. Quite frankly though, it sucks. I ended up with values that made a nice curve, but are useless for tuning (I know because I loaded the table into my car and tried it...very lean...very lean). Can you lend a hand here?

This is formula to covert LS1 Edit VE Data to HP Tuner:

LS1 Data x 5.12 / 178.33 = VE Tuner Percentage