PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to find a tuner in the bay area. sacramento area.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to find a tuner in the bay area. sacramento area.

I have an ultra 4 buggy (mix between trophy truck, and rock crawler) That has a ls 418 (LLSR cam with TFS Frankenstein racing cathedral heads fast LSXRT, and ported LS3 TB) with a 6l80. This is the 2nd motor in the buggy. (use to have a cammed l92). Either way the buggy has been dyno tuned 3 times, once with this motor. I have never been able to get the trans to shift right, it always hits the rev limiter, and I need to back off the gas to get it to shift, or its in the wrong gears going into corners. I have tap shift, but it is very slow to respond to input. The motor runs pretty bad in the 2500-4000 rpm range and than it cleans up and pulls like crazy. I have the rev limiter set to 6900, and I have lowered the WOT RPM range to the mid to low 5000, and WOT shifting to 0 so it has to use the WOT RPM to command shift points.

With all this being said I am in need of a tuner that is able to tune this in person, and a track because it behaves totally different in the dirt than on the dyno. Any advice on tuners to contact would be great.

Thanks
Jared
Old 07-28-2016, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt Grower.
gpxtuning@gmail.com
Old 07-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for any other input.

Quick Reply: Need to find a tuner in the bay area. sacramento area.