Sponsored by:

2005 GTO P0430 Camshaft position sensor circuit

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 GTO P0430 Camshaft position sensor circuit

Some car history:
Recently removed and reinstalled LS2 (24x reluctor/1x cam) engine after having it freshened up. Also did LS3 head/intake/injector swap + custom camshaft from FTI.

Have Rollermaster LS2 Timing kit ROLL-CS1180 +, (verified it is infact a 1x camwheel/24x sprocket), see attached picture

Car starts fine, and drives fine for the most part. The code seems to get triggered intermittently (i think i can feel a miss when this happens). No other codes getting thrown

We also rerouted the wiring for the driver side knock sensor up to the top of the engine because my headers were burning it. (possible electrical interference because its running close by the camshaft sensor wiring?)

replaced camshaft sensor with Acdelco 2133826 to no avail.

Tuner seems to think the rollermaster cam gear is to blame for some reason and suggested replacing it with an ACDeclo/GM oem cam gear, although i have found no sign of other people having similar issues (unless they had the wrong 4x/48x sprocket part or something like that.
Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails 2005 GTO P0430 Camshaft position sensor circuit-img_30161.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone even heard of someone having issues with an aftermarket timing set? (Assuming it was the right type)

Quick Reply: 2005 GTO P0430 Camshaft position sensor circuit