Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness question

Greetings,
I'm cleaning up a 2002 Camaro LS1 harness(so I'm told) that the previous installer put in:it ran but drained the battery when parked overnight. I've put in two relays(they had one fuel relay);one for main keyed power and one for the fuel pump which i've attached to two separate fuse boxes one for constant 12v from the battery which OBD II is connected to. My problem is that I don't know where they attached the trans, o2 sensors, coils, and fuel injectors too-I think they might have attached to the horn relay battery post.

From what side do you attach the fuel injectors, trans, OBDII, coils-the pin or from the plug connector side. If anyone has a picture of of a laid out harness showing how it was connected would be helpful. I hope someone can help me out!
LS1 5.3 02 Camaro in a 54 Ford F100

Thanks Rudy
Old 08-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Trans, coils, injectors, and O2 all get fused 12v ignition (not battery).

You can get the power from anywhere as long as its keyed power. I typically buy one of those $8 little 6-fuse panels from the local parts store and run a keyed wire to it and then plug in all of the pink wires from the harness. Pretty easy stuff.

Quick Reply: Harness question