Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuners and Efi conections 24s reluctor

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hp tuners and Efi conections 24s reluctor

Is any one here running HP tuners with a Gen I sbc w/ efi connections 24x reluctor for a gen 3 ecm.
Im looking for a tune file so I can start my engine and break it in.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have your harness reminded already, you should be able to just take an OS from any 5.7 Camaro/Firebird(99-02) with a like transmission and fire it up. Don't forget to disable the VATS. Also, if your injectors are different from the tune you will need to update theveryone flow info.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by codyvette
If you have your harness reminded already, you should be able to just take an OS from any 5.7 Camaro/Firebird(99-02) with a like transmission and fire it up. Don't forget to disable the VATS. Also, if your injectors are different from the tune you will need to update theveryone flow info.
Yes I have my hp tuners device. Or did you mean repined ? Yes its repined .
It doesnt work like that Ive tried on 2 different ecm. My truck will only start after extended periods of cranking over the motor and my plugs are jet black.
. Here is an article how to. More or less swap 4 x reluctor for 24x an swap pins around.
. Here is a paragraph from the article that talk about the tune. Specifically its wont start if you use either tune by its self.
http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/24x.html

"Now that everything is installed, we need to work on the tune. I had some initial problems with the tune, you HAVE to use an LSx based tune for it all to work, you can’t use an Xvan based tune (like the stock L31 411 PCM swap requires) and copy the LS1 tables in, it just won’t start. So what you need to do is start with a good LS1 tune (Fbody for cable driven throttle bodies, corvette for DBW setups), I used a 2002 Fbody tune, copied the tables like VE and spark maps and other pertinent tables (a lot of them, I’m not going to list them all, but it was a lot of the engine calibration section) into the Fbody tune, but left the Fbody coil tables (i.e. dwell time, etc)as is to work correctly with the new setup, I also searched out all the tables that were referenced to the 24x crank signal, and kept them the same as the Fbody tune. It’s an involved process, and if someone needs help with it I can help out, but I’m not going to list the dozens of tables that do and don’t need altering."

Last edited by mrich0908; 10-27-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Hp tuners and Efi conections 24s reluctor