Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90mmLSX and TPIS TB tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90mmLSX and TPIS TB tuning

FYI I had to heavily edit my idle tables (50%) to get rid of a random idle hang I was having. I believe the IAC was acting up because fo the combo and big cam. Smaller changes to those tables did nothing. TPIS recommended the fix.

The TB was closed..and in good shape so I did not have to modify that.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

What exactly did you do? did it hang and then surge when it came down?

Old 06-25-2004, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah man....give us the WHOLE scoop. I bared all my dirty underwear...heehehee
Old 06-28-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok guys here is the whole scoop. Bottom Line is Dustin knows what he is talking about. My random idle sticking started getting worse and worse about a week ago. Changing the idle tables had minimal effect so I took a step back. Looks like the TB was NOT closing all the way. I used atap to monitor throttle angle and IAC. Previously when I checked it I must have mistakenly thought it was closed. Now I was seeing it stuck open...get out and tap it...sure enough...and the IAC was going wacko trying to compensate. To make a long story short..I added another return spring. Even with that the TP angle jumps around from 0-.4%..which is play in the throttle shaft. Exactly what Dustin described to me.

I have all the idle tables back to stock. Added another return spring. Car is almost perfect. I can feel a "catch" on the throttle shaft...probably a machining imperfection. It hung there once but I dont want to tear the whole thing apart so I will live with it.

TPIS if you are reading this. Your advice to modify the idle tables was crap. Your TB needs reworked..just like the other LS1 parts we all buy...poor quality. I recommend a stiffer return spring on your product at least. Pretty crappy for a $600 90mm TB.

VFN Hoods, QA1 shocks, McLeod clutches...and now TPIS TBs...rework to make them work right....
Old 07-02-2004, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Hey Sam did you remove your TP sensor and check to see if the TB shaft bearing was still in it's hole? Remember mine kept working it's way out til Brian at TEA "pinged" the edges of the aluminum around it to hold it in. When the bearing would work it's way out, the shaft would get play in it and everything started hanging up.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Just give TPIS a call. I'm sure if there is a problem with the TB they will fix it or replace it for you. They stand behind there products.

Dan 99 T/A Stock Bottom End, M6, MTI S2 Heads, C2 Cam, LSX 90MM TPIS 90MM. 10.64 @ 130 on 100 tnt. (LS6 intake).
Old 07-08-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

give 'em a call... I had one of the early 90MM's which some of which had a improperly machined throttle blade which kept popping TPS sensors apart. They fixed it and had it turned around the next day.