Sponsored by:

please help this idiot

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help this idiot

whats going on,
I have a 5.3 silverado and i went to start the truck the other day after it was in the shop for 9 months getting baggged and painted and bodywork, the truck started up really easily and when i went to turn it off it wouldn turn off i put the key in the off positiion and pullled the hey out of the ignition and the truck would not trun off, anybody have any clue as what the problem is what wires to look for or something.....any help will be appriciated. thanks
Old 07-05-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slammedbowtie
whats going on,
I have a 5.3 silverado and i went to start the truck the other day after it was in the shop for 9 months getting baggged and painted and bodywork, the truck started up really easily and when i went to turn it off it wouldn turn off i put the key in the off positiion and pullled the hey out of the ignition and the truck would not trun off, anybody have any clue as what the problem is what wires to look for or something.....any help will be appriciated. thanks
What year, and did you get any computer work done on it? It sounds like you have too much timing advance, but the work you had done comes nowhere near matching the problem. However....if they did any welding on your car and did not unplug the computer they could have fried it.