Sponsored by:

HPT - WOT fueling - PE and Open Loop

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HPT - WOT fueling - PE and Open Loop

Hi all -

Ive got my LTFTs -2 to -6 across the board, even my idle and decel cells are okay now. Im ready to start on my WOT fueling tables. Now, I understand that the PCM tends to choose the fatter of the two tables (PE or OL) but im not really sure how this works. Ive done lots of searches, but all seem to assume some sort of advanced knowledge I dont yet have. How do these tables work? Open Loop I assume is simply stoich times the multiplier? 14.7 / 1.13 = 13.0
PE I assume is a little bit more difficult. I guess it takes all three PE tables and multiplies them all togather before it multiplies it by stoich? Is this the case or am I way off? I'm assuming that I should be scaling both the PE vs RPM table and the Open Loop table almost identically? Im trying to get a crash course in tuning, but its tough to catch up to the level at which everyone else is discussing HPTuners.

Thanks,
-Tony
Old 07-12-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F/A (aka Stoich and Open Loop) Table is as you've shown above. PE I would only fool with PE/RPM. Same basic principle as F/A except you are fine tuning by RPM. You need a Wideband O2 for PE tuning. FWIW.

Quick Reply: HPT - WOT fueling - PE and Open Loop