Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air/fuel ratio meter install tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default air/fuel ratio meter install tips

can I attach the a/f reading wire to either ther driver or passenerger o2 sensor, which color wire to attach to the GM o2?
the only hole I see to go from inside the car to motor area is right behind the pcm is this the only way ( where there is allready a hole?

purpose of this install. can I plot my fuel curve ( basically observing the richness or leanness at certain RPMs so after I add my Long tubes / catted y-pipe if it's pretty close don't bother with a tune, dynotech states direct bolt on replacement and they have the rear o2 bungs for the rear o2 sensors.

Lastly the a/f ratio meter is only a tool and should it be removed after all changes to motor have been made.
I'm thinking the meter is sucking up power that really should be going to the PCM and if it stays installed all the signals that the PCM reads are not exact?

Thanks to all reponses
Old 07-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed mine precat in the passenger leg, and routed the wire through the shifter boot under the console.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default a/f meter

Originally Posted by HurricaneZ
I installed mine precat in the passenger leg, and routed the wire through the shifter boot under the console.
mys an A4 car The console is a pita to remove for me thanks for the infor