PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to programming, have a few questions. (HP Tuners)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to programming, have a few questions. (HP Tuners)

I'm new to programming and have a few beginner questions. I currently have a loudmouth and air lid. I'm going to be bolting on QTP's in the next couple weeks and I'm just curious about what to look for in the programming (HP Tuners) to make full use of the headers?
My means of measurement consist of SOTP, G-Tech, and HP Tuners itself. With that in mind what should I look for to get a tune in accordance with the mods?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
I'm new to programming and have a few beginner questions. I currently have a loudmouth and air lid. I'm going to be bolting on QTP's in the next couple weeks and I'm just curious about what to look for in the programming (HP Tuners) to make full use of the headers?
My means of measurement consist of SOTP, G-Tech, and HP Tuners itself. With that in mind what should I look for to get a tune in accordance with the mods?

Thanks.
Ensure that your LTFT's are not positive and that you don't see any knock retard. This is by default what is logged when you scan via HP Tuners. You can change what is being logged in the table cell view but I would just open up the default config and ride around town for a while in all types of traffic and log for about 30-40 mins. You can then go back export the logs to excel or access and run queries looking for Max Knock and Max LTFT's on both sides.

Once you determine these two parameters you can make adjustments to your VE tables and Timing accordingly.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by monodax
Ensure that your LTFT's are not positive and that you don't see any knock retard. This is by default what is logged when you scan via HP Tuners. You can change what is being logged in the table cell view but I would just open up the default config and ride around town for a while in all types of traffic and log for about 30-40 mins. You can then go back export the logs to excel or access and run queries looking for Max Knock and Max LTFT's on both sides.

Once you determine these two parameters you can make adjustments to your VE tables and Timing accordingly.

Thanks for the info. Couple more questions though.
What does LTFT stand for?
You said make sure LTFT's are not positive so the more negative the better, or do I want them at zero?
Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
Thanks for the info. Couple more questions though.
What does LTFT stand for?
You said make sure LTFT's are not positive so the more negative the better, or do I want them at zero?
Thanks again.

This page here should get you going, If you have any questions just reply back there is alot of knowledge on these forums.

http://www.c5forum.com/diy/ltft.php