PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator Prog-My LS1 Automatic will not kick down to the lowest gear on WOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Prog-My LS1 Automatic will not kick down to the lowest gear on WOT

Anyone here that can figure this out, I will bow before you and make you a God.

My predator can not get my 2000 LS1 (A4 - Automatic) to automatically kick down to the lowest gear during WOT.

e.g. If I am going 55mph in 4th gear and I slam the pedal to the floor, my transmission should kick down to 2nd gear and then upshift around 70mph. It will not downshift to 2nd gear, it may go to 3rd, but not to 2nd. Thus it forces me to manually downshift when I slam the pedal to the floor in any situation.

I originally had 2.73 gears with 2 series carrier, went up to 3.73 with 3 series carrier and got the Predator. Since then, my car will not do the auto tranny gear kick down to the lowest gear for that full acceleration punch.

I have adjusted WOT gear settings, i have tried multiple programs from Running with the Devil/Diablo - James, I have asked this on multiple boards and no one can give a solution.

Anyone here a guru in this area???? I would bow before the predator god if one so exists.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

do you have traction control? If so check your free play in your throttle cable.It should be fairly snug when you tug on the cable by the throttle body(very little play)If you have lots of play follow the cable back to a connection and separate 2 clips on the side of the connection then pull (stretch) the cable until you take up the slack.I hope you have traction control,all this typing if you don't.
Luck
Old 07-20-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mabe those 373's may have tricked the computer somehow. I don't know. I read in a magazine that 373's were to low a gear, you really lose your top end speed. Said they were good for drag racing up to around 105 mph. Try using your Predator to check your TPS. Should be 100% when you floor it. Motor off of course. You may need something like LS1 Edit.