PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive by wire, and HPT. Help with TR220 idle tuning.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drive by wire, and HPT. Help with TR220 idle tuning.

I just tossed in the cam yesterday. Idle is good, but I'm sure it can be better. I ran a lof of searches, but everything I come up with, doesn't seem to pertain to me with the drive by wire TB.

I see people making VE changes in the 400, 800, 1200 rpm range, but they mention things like "put 70's thoughtout those cells". Either the VE table in HPT is different, or I just don't quite get it. Below is a screenshot. Should I just multiply the left two columns by .9? My idle is set at 600rpm, so I really don't need to go up to the 1200 range, do I? All I really care about right now is my warm idle.

Which table do I use to get a little more air into the TB, and bring down my IAC's? They're up in the 90-110 range now. Is it the "Idle Airflow vs ECT"? Just increase the g/cyls there a bit? Any recommended values?

I'm also getting a ton of KR when I first get the truck rolling from a stop. Anyone have any ideas on that? I went over the engine bay, everything is pretty tight. (I don't think it's tranny lines or anything). Also got that screenshot for ya.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
vetable.doc (80.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: doc
camkr.doc (79.0 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by marc_w; 08-09-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could you get anything else running on your system ... LOL!!! From what you said it looks like that your IAC is so high it might be causing a lean out. I would work on that first for sure..
Old 08-09-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

I spank that little laptop. Half the crap on there is installed through my work - I can pull it off, but it gets reinstalled next time I login on the network.

I did mess around with the VE table a bit. I multiplied the first three colums by a few percentages. I like .85 (400), .9 (800) and .95 (1200) the best.

I have to figure out how to bring the IAC's down. I do see them stabilize down to the 60's when the motor is hot and it's been idling a while... but most other times it's up over 100.

The motor likes to idle at 625 in gear, 650 in P/N, FWIW.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have you read this post? https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/177230-stop-drilling-those-tbs-fix-stalling-without-computer-tuning.html I am not sure it will work with the drive by wire setup. You might have to just drill the TB plate.

Quick Reply: Drive by wire, and HPT. Help with TR220 idle tuning.