Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Simple Help In Picking A Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Simple Help In Picking A Tuner

I'd like some simple guidence on what tuner will best do ONE SIMPLE THING. I have to drive 700 miles to get a good tuner to mod my car and tune it. ALL I WANT is a tuner that will let me store the way HE TUNES my car after the mods - you know like a hypertech would store the factory settings. I figure if I can store the new tune I will be able to reprogram if my friendly dealer should inadvertantly wipe my ECM. Then, hopefully, I won't have to flatbed the car 700 miles for a retune. After my mods my tuner will use LS1 to tune the car, if that makes any difference.I'm not interested in making modifications, additions or deletions to the tune I'm paying what I consider big bucks for him to put in. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your best bet would just be to buy HP tuners or LS1 Edit so you can load files whenever you want, even without driving the 700 miles back to your tuner should you change one little thing.

Originally Posted by 99 vett babycar
I'd like some simple guidence on what tuner will best do ONE SIMPLE THING. I have to drive 700 miles to get a good tuner to mod my car and tune it. ALL I WANT is a tuner that will let me store the way HE TUNES my car after the mods - you know like a hypertech would store the factory settings. I figure if I can store the new tune I will be able to reprogram if my friendly dealer should inadvertantly wipe my ECM. Then, hopefully, I won't have to flatbed the car 700 miles for a retune. After my mods my tuner will use LS1 to tune the car, if that makes any difference.I'm not interested in making modifications, additions or deletions to the tune I'm paying what I consider big bucks for him to put in. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.