PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright guys, I need some help..Car's getting tuned tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright guys, I need some help..Car's getting tuned tomorrow!

Basically, it comes down to this...

I am getting my car wideband tuned tomorrow to reach a perfect air/fuel ratio. But the guy who's tuning it says I have to go back to a stock Mass Air Sensor (since i have an aftermarket one right now) and that I need to upgrade to SV0 30lb/hr injectors... Now, when I dyno'd my car, my air/fuel dropped below 10.1 between 3800-5800 Rpm .... Why would I need bigger injectors to fix that problem and do I really need to go back to stock MAF sensor to tune it with wideband?
Old 09-17-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use a modified maf, just give the manufacture a call and request the maf transfer function for the maf your running. Since SLP does not have, or publically release this information on thier resistor "calibrated" maf, i would ask a customer to go back to stock before i begin tuning it as well.

As far as the injectors, you don't want to typically excede 80% duty cycle, so that may be the reason for the upgrade. I am not familiar enough with the small 99-00 injectors to know where they run out, so hopefully somebody else can chime in there, and give that info.

Ryan
Old 09-17-2004, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

I have a Granetelli MAF right now...

But can anyone else jump in and help out?
Old 09-17-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Looking at your mods, and since you have a 99, I would say you definitely need to upgrade your injectors. On the other hand, a good tuner should have no problem tuning your car with your aftermarket MAF on a wideband.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

bump

anyone else have a comment on this?
Old 09-18-2004, 05:29 AM
TECH Regular

MAF shouldn't matter. He's going to use the wideband to set the AFR, right? So even if the MAF table is inaccurate, the wideband will take care of it.
There are mixed opinions on the 80% duty cycle figure for injectors. Mine run around 90-93% at WOT with no lean problems on the high end. I am aware of someone who ran up to 125% duty cycle before the injectors couldn't keep up.
However, this is harder on the injectors and less accurate fueling. The "better safe than sorry" decision would be to upgrade the injectors. If you plan future mods, the injectors are probably a good idea.