Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DFI7 or FAST?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DFI7 or FAST?

I'm considering running either the FAST or DFI system on my supercharged truck and have some questions.Does anyone make a harness to make the factory guages work with either system?Can I control the electronic transmission shifts with the stock PCM while using either system?And can I do away with the Mass air sensor completely with either system?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whitt1
I'm considering running either the FAST or DFI system on my supercharged truck and have some questions.Does anyone make a harness to make the factory guages work with either system?Can I control the electronic transmission shifts with the stock PCM while using either system?And can I do away with the Mass air sensor completely with either system?
Hey,

Look into the BigStuff3 system, it can control an electronic tranny unlike the FAST of GenVII. With either system you would get rid of the Mass air sensor, and run a MAP sensor. Call White Racing about a harness, I know they make a harness adapter for my truck, not sure about the newer stuff.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Banned

i have fast for sale sorry to high jack but I had to
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226204
Old 10-13-2004, 12:44 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the gen7 and I like it so far, had some high rpm problems (LS1 specific) but it seems to be fixed now and I cant complain about DFI's customer service. They just released some new software so now you can use an aftermarket wideband with it instead o DFI's 900.00 unit. I am using the 340.00 LM1 with mine and it works great. You can download the software for the gen7, you can also find the FAST c-com software on the net even though I dont think its supposed to be, I found it anyhow. That way you can look around the software and maybe one fits you better. I'm not sure if FAST offers a complete plug and play setup for an LS1, I know they have an eDIST box but I think it has to use an aftermarket crank trigger or converter box to use the stock crank trigger - I'm not real clear on that.

The BSIII sounds nice also and is plug and play for LS1s also I believe, it would be cool to have some kind of demo software for it..

Its an expensive decision, the Gen7 was in the car when I bought it so I didnt have to make that choice
Old 10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really conetemplating the Big Stuff 3 myself. Each program was written by the same guy(s) apparently so any of them would be a good choice IMHO.