Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine codes

I have a mostly stock 2002 camaro and after scanning because of a check engine light I got three codes: one was for too lean on bank one, and then the same code twice for leaness on bank two. I used an actron obd 2 scanner. Can any anyone explain what that means and how to fix the malfunction?
Old 11-12-2004, 09:58 PM
wrencher

Bank1 drivers side Bank 2 passenger. The PCM saw the oxygen sensors indicate a lean condition for an extended period of time.
Maybe clean the MAF sensor , check the fuel pressure. That was the only codes?
Old 11-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Yes, that was it. I did put a granatelli piece in, I was thinking something could be going on with it. The car is damn near new, 35xxx miles, and I drive conservatively (yeah right). The car runs fine as well, no change in drivability after the light came on. The light went on/off two times last week, then came back on last night when I scanned it with it still on. I had one code for leaness in bank1, then 2 codes for leaness in bank 2. Why the same code twice? What other codes are usually associated? Any suggestions on a way to clean the maf? To check the FP, what kind of gauge would I need and where should I get it? I didnt want to put one in permanently yet. Where should it read? And where do I attach it? Forgive my ignorance, I just got this car, selling out on my old BBC for some high tech performance.