Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC PO332 - KS2 Circuit Low Frequency

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC PO332 - KS2 Circuit Low Frequency

Last night I bought gas at a Unocal 76 station, while coming back from a short road trip. Shortly after leaving the station, the SES light came on and wondered if I had accidently not tightened the gascap enough. I pulled over and verified it was on and tight. I drove the rest of the way approx 30 miles and the car felt and ran normal.

I hooked up ATAP and discovered the code, and looked into it, but didn't see anything that looked out of spec (but I am not sure what may or may not be "out of spec").

I'm now thinking that I got a hold of some bad gas, but I don't hear any knocking like I heard when I tried to upload the HPP3 tune (THAT was very obvious). I purchased 91 octane, as I always do, but this may have been a bad batch. If this is in fact my problem, can I run a can of octane booster to fix the problem?
Old 11-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Anyone have an idea out there on this?
Old 11-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Launching!

Still no luck with this; ran tank down and put in new gas plus two cans of Berryman injector cleaner. Also recorded some data on Autotap, but not necessarily sure what was best data to record. I'm not that familiar with the program; can anyone recommend best values to record for this situation?
Old 11-18-2004, 03:46 AM
TECH Addict

If you're getting P0332, you have a bad knock sensor. You need to replace, at least, the KS corresponding to the code, preferably both. Get a new KS wire too, you'll most likely need it. Do the GM TSB for knock sensors where you build a silicone RTV dam around the knock sensors, and remove the foam square under the intake.

Quick Reply: DTC PO332 - KS2 Circuit Low Frequency