Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question HPP3 Question

Here's the story, I had the HPP3 and made some changes in my pcm. I then installed a torque converter and took the car to one of our sponsors and had torque management edited. Now heres the question: I would like to get some 3.73's. Can I still use my HPP3 to make this change, or would that wipe out the TM changes made. Basically does the HPP3 take the entire program off of the PCM and replace it, or does it only take the peices that it is capable of changing?

Thanks for your insight guys.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

call hypertech and ask.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ that advice would probably be best... I guess it would depend on how the HPP3 writes the PCM... I *think* the HPP3 downloads the PCM , makes the changes internally, then rewrites it ... but I have no evidence to back this... almost makes m wish I hadn't sold my HPP3 years ago (damn... almost 3 years now) ... then again

other option... if you have any local buddies w/HP Tuners for your year (01 f-body) have them read the PCM... then you can try writing w/HPP3 and then have them reread it... see if any changes were made to other tables ... though at that point you'd be best off having them change the 1 field for the gear change and be done w/it heh
Old 11-20-2004, 04:02 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the replies guys, guess I'll call hypertech when I get a chance.