Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner Newbie...Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuner Newbie...Help

I tried looking at hp's website, but still a little confused... well i got this much figured out, its the best do it ur self software out. can someone explain to me what all the HPtuner Does??? would it work for when i get my cam (224/230 112lsa) and ported heads. and a higher stall.do you run it off a laptop??? can someone shine a little light on this for me, and about how much do they run?
Old 11-29-2004, 01:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes it will tune just about everything that one needs to tune on an ls1 engine. Im not sure how much you know about tuning and engines in general but tuning is not as easy as it may appear.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

you will be able to tune in the trans functions (shiftpoints, firmness, tcc lockup, tq management, etc... etc...)

you can tune in mostly any engine function that matters. make the car idle like stock, improve gas milage (i don't know how but im sure you could), tune your a/f ratio to perfection, timing, - everything.

dunno- but im completly happy that i bought hptuners. i've been dissed on this site for "wasting my $" on something that doesn't really make the car any faster (but in your case it will since you have alot of modifications).

yes- you need a labtop.

look on hptuners.com (go on the forum) for all of your information. i rarely use ls1tech.com for hptuners advice.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Default thanks

Thanks guys that helps alot.