Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple HPtuner Stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Simple HPtuner Stuff...

Ok I just ordered HPtuners and I am goin to attempt to tweek my tune alittle to fix some things I don't like w/ the current tune I got from ECS.

First I am goni to remove the CATS. What do I have to do to turn off the rear 02 sensors?

Then I would like to lower the idle, what needs to be done here?

And finally I am having some surging problems around 2-3k when I am just slightly on the throttle. It kinda bucks and will only go away if i totally let off the throttle or give her some more gas.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5kid
Ok I just ordered HPtuners and I am goin to attempt to tweek my tune alittle to fix some things I don't like w/ the current tune I got from ECS.

First I am goni to remove the CATS. What do I have to do to turn off the rear 02 sensors?

Then I would like to lower the idle, what needs to be done here?

And finally I am having some surging problems around 2-3k when I am just slightly on the throttle. It kinda bucks and will only go away if i totally let off the throttle or give her some more gas.

Any help is appreciated.
Disable Fuel Trim learning in engine section (you cant turn off the O2 sensors, but you can disable what they do)
Adjust base idle RPM under Idle tab in engine section
Idle/surge problems could be caused by many things. Log extensively and come back with some empirical data

Note that if you disable the Fuel trim learning you will have to tune for Open Loop. If it were me I would leave the Trim learning enabled. Its no harm to leave the O2 sensors doing their thing - CATS or not CATS.

If you are runnign no CATS then definately disable COT, under lean cruise tab