Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning problem or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning problem or not?

The car will surge on it's own at random and will idle high. I was standing outside the car with it idleing nicley and suddenly it will rev up like someone lightly touched the gas peddle. If I turn the idle screw down on the TB it will die while idleing. The car got a head, cam, intake, TB, converter, and some other **** all at once so I don't know if it is an install problem or a tuning problem. The car was Dyno tuned at speed inc and it died 7 or 8 times on the way back home to Milwaukee. Not sure if it just needs some tuning adjustments or what but it is pissing me off. Then if I shut the car off at like a gas station to fill up and then get in and start it up, the engine idles really high (2500-3000) Rpms for 5-10 seconds or till I put it in gear. I've tried but can't figure it out.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say yes its a tuning problem, or a really big vacuum leak, if thats the case the car needs re tuned either way..
Old 12-12-2004, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope it's not a vacuum leak. If it is what can I do to fix it? Is it simple or difficult to fix?
Old 12-12-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a guy told me a cool secret, lite two or three cigerettes and hold them together, and they will smoke, well take and put them close the the intake and anywhere you thing it may be leaking and the smoke will suck into the leak, its easier than the carb cleaner trick..

but be carefull, gas is already pretty expensive, you dont want the car to get addicted to cigarettes too.. j/k hope you figure it out. jes