PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will a bad MAF effect my tunning?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How will a bad MAF effect my tunning?

My car is having some tunning problems and my tuner says my MAF is reading low as far as the amount of air I am seeing to what it should be. I think it is reading 285 GPM and it should be 400+??? I am having alot of problems and I am trying to see how this could affect my tune. HELP!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 03:42 AM
TECH Addict

TTT. Anyone???
Old 12-23-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Nobody??
Old 12-23-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok do you have a stock MAF??? I've heard that the Granatelli units have different MAF calibration tables which can screw with tuning... I have a ported stock MAF myself and it's causing a rich condition during part throttle operation of my vehicle (reading in more air than the cylinders are actually using) which is the reverse of your condition... Also if your MAF is damaged or dirty from oiled air filters it might screw the readings some... You know anything about your fuel trims??? if they are well tuned (might not mean they are dead on, but at least linear in relationship) then you can just scale the MAF calibration table up a bit to compensate for a "lack" of air reading... just some thoughts... wanna talk more bout it IM me - TXHorns281
Old 12-23-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by txhorns281
Ok do you have a stock MAF??? I've heard that the Granatelli units have different MAF calibration tables which can screw with tuning... I have a ported stock MAF myself and it's causing a rich condition during part throttle operation of my vehicle (reading in more air than the cylinders are actually using) which is the reverse of your condition... Also if your MAF is damaged or dirty from oiled air filters it might screw the readings some... You know anything about your fuel trims??? if they are well tuned (might not mean they are dead on, but at least linear in relationship) then you can just scale the MAF calibration table up a bit to compensate for a "lack" of air reading... just some thoughts... wanna talk more bout it IM me - TXHorns281
Stock MAF. I had it tuned. He cleaned the MAF cause it was dirt. Also tried ported ends and stock ends. No screen. I think the fuel trims are ok. He is a good tuner.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Stock MAF. I had it tuned. He cleaned the MAF cause it was dirt. Also tried ported ends and stock ends. No screen. I think the fuel trims are ok. He is a good tuner.
ok then since he's a good tuner then he'll figure it out and tell you what was wrong...