PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to HPT. Car in garage until weather lets up. Can I do any tuning with HP Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to HPT. Car in garage until weather lets up. Can I do any tuning with HP Tuners?

Car is sitting in the garage until the weather improves. Can I do any tuning without logging first? Car has a 231 cam and needs some idle adjustments. What can I do with the car at idle?

Can I disable the: cot, raise idle, desensitize knock, delete the ASR and TPS sensor out of range codes that I always get at idle?
Old 12-24-2004, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

don't touch the knock functions.

you can edit the ve table and play with target idle speed among other things (which i cannot comment on since i haven't messed with my idle much)

changing the ve table- you are going to want to let the car warm up (oh- make the fans turn on when you want them to). start logging ltft's and get a good histogram for idle. edit ve values (subtracting values is leaning the car out and adding is richening up) in the appropriate cells, and you can get a nice perfect idle. also try a search as to which ve table to modify- you can start with the primary but i vaguely remember certain years require you to modify the secondary also..

if you are not aware of all of the basics (like if it seems like im speaking latin in the above paragraph)- try www.hptuners.com/forum and search, every question has been asked there 10 X over..

oh- not sure on the codes, im thinking you want to disable the cel with those codes, not disable the codes themselves.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=sleeperstyle]

like if it seems like im speaking latin in the above paragraph)

funny
Old 12-26-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shep28
Can I disable the: cot, raise idle, desensitize knock, delete the ASR and TPS sensor out of range codes that I always get at idle?
as mentioned don't touch the knock tables unless you can test ...
but the rest.. yes you can modify them w/out having to drive the car