Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about PO410 code

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Questions about PO410 code

I already did a search, and it seems to be that some have this code after installing headers or removing AIR equipment. I also found that I should check to see/hear if my AIR pump is coming on when car is cold. If it is, and I still get this code, I should check some ( 2?) checkvalves, one on/near each exhaust maniflod. I am assuming that the check valves are connected to the AIR tubes going to each manifold? I have never checked those before. If they are electrically activated, I would assume you could measure the signal with a DMM. 0-12vdc? I will check these things tomorrow. Just wanted to know if there was anything else I need/should check. BTW, my Z is all stock, and this code came on shortly after changing the oil & air filter.
Thanks a bunch for any and all help!
Ordering the GMMG after I leave this board. I am SOOOO excited!!!
KevinD

Last edited by kmdracer; 01-05-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Okay, the AIR pump does come on when engine is cold. Pretty sure I have identified the check valves, but, how do you tell if they are working? For what it's worth, SES came back on after @50 miles. Anybody???
Old 01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Well, thought I'd give an update. After searching this and several other forums, I found out that my AIR pump was not putting out much airflow. I took the AIR system apart and visually checked each part. ( Hoses, checkvalves, etc.) They all seemed to be in good shape, so I removed the AIR pump. After inspecting it, I found there is a plastic/rubber valve thinggie (??) in the outlet port of the pump. This was apparently sticking. After I freed it up, I re-installed everything, cleared the codes, and 200 miles later, still good. I'd post some pics, but, I didn't have a camera handy while the sytem was disassembled. Should be fairly self explanatory though. The ports on the pump are labeled inlet/outlet. For those who don't know, the AIR pump is located under the drivers side front. To access it, remove the plastic panel ( Underneath the car) that is attatched to the front bumper, fender, and air dam. This is the same panel that you remove two bolts to access the fog lights. The onlty thing else I found that could be a problem, is a @ 1/4" id vaccumm type hose that goes from a relay mounted on the AIR pump bracket to the @1" outlet hose going up to the check valves. The 1/4" hose looks pretty bad, but it has some weird heat crimped ends, so I didn't replace it yet. I'll pick up some vaccum hose and wire ties soon and replace it then. Seems to me that that could most lilkley be a problem, as I am assuming that the relay is what tells the PCM that the AIR sytem is working.
Hope this helps anyone else with this problem. If you REALLY need some pics, reply and I'll try to get some this weekend.
KevinD
Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 AM
rcs
Teching In

Default PO410 code

Could use those pictures. I have a 2000 Chevy S10 pickup. Got the Service Engine Soon lamp lit. Purchased the smog pump. Traveled 114 miles. Light came on again. What do I look for next? Thought I had problem solved when I hit the 100 mile. 14 miles later it came on again. Just wasted 150.00 for pump and installation. Help.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, I never did take pictures. If you've already replaced your pump, I'd assume the valve got replaced also, as it is part of the pump on my Z. I'm not really familiar with the setup on a S-10. Is there a relay there near/on the pump? Mine appears to be a vacuum operated one. Without a wiring schematic, I'm not sure but I think that it tells the PCM that the pump is on.
Sorry I can't be anymore specific. I assume you've tried the s-10 boards with no luck?