PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can HP Tuners edit a PCM that was tuned with LS1edit and then locked?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can HP Tuners edit a PCM that was tuned with LS1edit and then locked?

I was wondering if a PCM tuned with LS1Edit and then locked can be worked on by HP Tuners? This is in regards to a 2002 C5. If it can't be worked around, would I have to get the PCM reflashed with the stock program and then start over from scratch?

Also, I have HP tuners for a 99 F-body. Can I scan and log data using it on that 02 C5? I know I can't edit the PCM with it but can I use the scanner to see how the car runs?

Thanks,

George
Old 01-12-2005, 02:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ibjamin
I was wondering if a PCM tuned with LS1Edit and then locked can be worked on by HP Tuners? This is in regards to a 2002 C5. If it can't be worked around, would I have to get the PCM reflashed with the stock program and then start over from scratch?
maybe, ive been able to tune over a customers supposidly locked file so im not sure...the tune i origonally had in my car was supposidly locked so i just unlocked in and started from scratch and alot of the time its better that way considering either your unhappy with the tune or youve added more mods meaning things have to change.

Originally Posted by ibjamin
Also, I have HP tuners for a 99 F-body. Can I scan and log data using it on that 02 C5? I know I can't edit the PCM with it but can I use the scanner to see how the car runs?

Thanks,

George
you can use the scanner and thats it...you cant download their file...but if you can somehow get their bin you can view it but again thats all as it wont allow you to modify it.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should be able to read the ls1 edit tune and rewrite... from my understanding edit only locks it so that other copies of edit can't read it
Old 01-15-2005, 10:57 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
I think you should be able to read the ls1 edit tune and rewrite... from my understanding edit only locks it so that other copies of edit can't read it

That is correct.

Ed