Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning dry nitrous with hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning dry nitrous with hp tuners

hey i am new to tuning with hp tuners, i installed 42lb injectors on my car and was wondering how you guys are tuning for a dry nitrous kit, what i want to do is run my nos 5177 kit with no jets and i was wondering how you were going about tuning with hp tuners. once someone explains what steps i should take i would like to goto a 200 dry shot. by the way i have a forged 347 with eagle h-beam rods and diamond nitrous pistons, stage 2 ls1 heads, thunder 224/224-112 cam, shaner s2 throttle body, and hooker long tubes. the car has a tune from tea for the n/a passes but the tuner told me not to spray on this tune. any ideas where i should start?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

timing (high octane table) needs to be reduced alot probably. other than that get the a/f ratio good via the pe table and you should be allright. the only problem is you will lose some power while off of the spray. colder plugs too.

i don't know how much timing to take out and what a/f ratio is safe, try a search for that information or call some professionals for info.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:50 AM
9 Second Club

the beautiful thing about a dry shot is you can split your timing tables, so when you spray you can have it drop a ton of timing if you like, monitor your G/cyl and see where your car runs NA and anything over there in the tables reduce the timing 2 degrees for every 50 hp you add. you cant do much about the initial hit lean spike they have, unless you want to make your car run really rich NA.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

couldnt you also just pull a bunch of timing via the iat vs. timing table? With a dry kit they tend to hit the iat before reaching the motor and you could have it pull timing depending on that temp.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
couldnt you also just pull a bunch of timing via the iat vs. timing table? With a dry kit they tend to hit the iat before reaching the motor and you could have it pull timing depending on that temp.
hey thanks for the table on scaling injectors foff667,i finally figured out how that worked, and what you said above i thought that would work too using the iat to adjust timing under a dry nitrous shot. another question is how do i go about adjusting my a/f down, the tuner had it set on 13.5 on the motor, i know i need to lower it more, what table would i use?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for wot you use the pe multiplier table.

Quick Reply: tuning dry nitrous with hp tuners