Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning/computer/maf/??? problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning/computer/maf/??? problem

I dont even know where to start on this but I finally got my car running, its a basicly stock LS1 w/ a Cam, i drove my car up to work today to have it tuned and after about 10 min. ov driving it statrts spitting and sputtering and barly runs, so i cpeep down the access rd. til i get to work, i figure ok its just tuning issues.

The guy comes and trys to tune my car, well he said my MAF was bad cause no matter how much fuel he put in it was still way lean. So he set it roughly where it spould be w/ a new MAF

I drive home and after about 10 min again it starts acting up again, i still think its the MAF

I got a working MAf off a friends car and drove it and 10 min later it starts doing the exact same thing, it almost acts like its out of gas.

Could this be a bad computer or wiring issue?

anyone have ANY suggestions?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need more info... any logs? scans? how is he telling that it's running lean? wideband?

Any SES lights?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

yeah we did it on the dyno w/ a wideband, with it set how he thinks it should be for my set up its @ 18:1 for almost half the run, when he added all the fuel he could to it it still started @ 18:1 and barely fattened up

Its not throwing any codes when its doing it
Old 01-29-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn... 18:1 at WOT? There's gotta be something wrong w/the wideband... 18:1 AFR is melt pistons lean...

he is adjusting the PE vs. RPM table right? Higher the value the richer it'll be when it enters Performance enrichment (WOT is always PE mode)
Old 01-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

no the widband was working just fine, i belve him that the MAF was bad because when i put on the different maff it felt way better down low, it just did the same thing after 10 min of crusing

im about ready to sell all of it