Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02mV's and 14.7?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02mV's and 14.7?

Going to try tuning my car's VE tables for the first time tomorrow. My question is what should the 02 mV's show for 14.7 a/f? Unfortunately I don't have a wideband yet, so no WOT tuning, but at least this is a start. And, when mV increases, is that an increase in leanness or richness? Vice Versa?

Also, any tips for a newbie to tuning? I'm going to be using datamaster to log, then plug them into the VEmaster, then fine tune from there.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 02-23-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crazyz28
Going to try tuning my car's VE tables for the first time tomorrow. My question is what should the 02 mV's show for 14.7 a/f? Unfortunately I don't have a wideband yet, so no WOT tuning, but at least this is a start. And, when mV increases, is that an increase in leanness or richness? Vice Versa?

Also, any tips for a newbie to tuning? I'm going to be using datamaster to log, then plug them into the VEmaster, then fine tune from there.

Thanks
Ryan
I think 450 or somthing like that is 14.7, but your MV will oscillate no matter what so they don't make good devices to tune from for part throttle. If you're using narrowband sensors, just use your fuel trims to tune with. An increase in MV means richer.

Newbie tuning tip: READ READ READ and try to understand before asking! There are many questions that you can answer yourself, then others can help you with procedure when you run into problems. You'll have to basically "teach" yourself cuz it's yer car, yer setup, only you will know what is working for it!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks txhorns281, I've been reading everything and doing some homework on tuning for the last 2 month, so I have the basic knowledge. Now I just need the actual experience of tuning. This shouldn't be a problem, however, since I will be attempting to tune my car and a friend's car tomorrow, and another car friday. All will be only part throttle tuning, and I will start off in SD, then plug the MAF back in for final tuning. As soon as I get a job I will be getting a WB to begin tuning WOT.

Any more suggestions are welcome. BTW, all cars I will tune will be LT1's.

Ryan