Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/F problems..HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/F problems..HELP

alright everyone i have a problem, my A/F guage on my car keeps saying the car is running lean. It only does it after the car warms up, when its cold or been sitting it goes from the middle to running rich and everything. I had a Granatelli MAF but i changed it and got a stock one put in, and its still doin it. What could be causing it to do that? I just dont wanna be hurting the motor at all..PLEASE HELP ME OUT ASAP thanks
JacobK
Old 02-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd reset the ECM, change the plugs to some new NGK TR55s and watch some Seinfeld to get your mind off the problem. In that order of course.

I love you Jake.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when the car's cold it's in open loop and will run much richer than when it switches to closed loop

At closed loop it will try to maintain 14.7:1 air fuel ratio for fuel economy/emissions... at WOT it will go much much richer as it enters Power Enrichment Mode...

Sounds like you're saying it's running lean once it's warmed up just idling? If this is the case sounds normal... 14.7:1 is pretty lean but when not under load is perfectly acceptible...

Those A/F gauges are only good for light shows.. beyond that they're pretty useless really