Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune after Heads only swap????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune after Heads only swap????

Ok, history time...a while back I installed a TSP 231/237 112* cam in my 2000 A4 Z 28. Had some issues, as well as WicketMike, I think we were of the first ones to install in A4. Anyway, I ended up "x" the VE table in the lower rpm and airflow by 60, 70, 80 %, thus reducing fueling (I think thats how it works) to reduce the surging, cold start etc. Worked fine, drove with almost no surging at all, cold starts were great.
Present Day:
Swapped what I believe is the most restrictive set of LS1 Heads ever made, My particular ones, casting 853 for a set of PP 5.3L, which came off a buddies car, were checked out and milled .010", new springs etc. Now, the car bucks and surges, doesnt want to stay idling when cold and forget starting it up and driving as you'd have to two-foot it to keep it running. Bad thing is Edit for some car-pucking reason wont open the damn tune to modify it, working that issue. Now the LTFTs are like nearly +25 or more at idle. This should indicate a very lean idle, as well, it surges etc....So, I am thinking I probably need to go back and put the VE tables back to stock or around there, and maybe mess with the timing a little. Once it is warm it cruises fine , havent done much WOT, but when it does it pulls nice and smooth, not head slamming into the seat like it used to. Anyway, am I on the right track with adjusting the VE tables "x" by 140% or so then working from there, or maybe copy a stock table and work around that? We have checked multiple times, there are no apparent leaks in the intake system, and exhaust is sealed up tight as drum, so I am sure the readings are more of whats going on inside with the tune/heads than a vacuum leak/exhaust reversion. Please help me out here gurus.

Charlie

16days left then I leave this hell hole called Afghanistan and hopefully get into HPTuners!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Restricted User

Help!
Old 03-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Restricted User

Damn, no one can help me out on this???

Quick Reply: Tune after Heads only swap????