Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 placement on turbo system

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default o2 placement on turbo system

I posted this in the FI section as well maye some here will have some thoughts.

I just installed a turbo system that I built on my 04 silverado. I loaded a tune from Nelson Performance and checked afr on a wb, and it looks great. I have the drivers side o2 on the cross over pipe and the passenger o2 on the down pipe. This is were I'm confused my ltrims are reading way differnt. So I ordered a 36" o2 extension from caspers electronics and moved both o2s on to the down pipe, reset the computer and took it for a drive. ltrims are still way off, but reading about the same voltage. After a few minutes of driving it started throwing misfire codes and getting hot exhaust tempertures at low speeds. I'm total confused on what I should do, any help will be greatly appreciated. If you have any ideas and don't want to post pm me your number and I'll call you back.

Would it hurt to just leave the o2s where they were to begin with. Truck ran perfect, just ofset ltrims?

Thanks Jason
Old 04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stock o2s should probably both go in the x-over, as close to where the x-over bolts to the manifolds as possible.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phate
The stock o2s should probably both go in the x-over, as close to where the x-over bolts to the manifolds as possible.
thanks