Sponsored by:

P0757

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0757

does this mean my transmission is about to take a dump
P0757 - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve Performance - No Third or Fourth Gear (SES) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)

it will throw this code then when i turn the car of and then back on it is ok... its only done it twice... in like 2-3 weeks?

Tyler
Old 04-08-2005, 07:11 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
does this mean my transmission is about to take a dump
P0757 - 2-3 Shift Solenoid Valve Performance - No Third or Fourth Gear (SES) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)

it will throw this code then when i turn the car of and then back on it is ok... its only done it twice... in like 2-3 weeks?

Tyler
ttt ttt
Old 04-08-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Did you install a torque converter recently? I know I started throwing that code shortly after I installed my torque converter, and is apparently a pretty common code. If you haven't installed a converter or it's been awhile, then yeah, that solenoid might be on it's way out. From what I've read, it's a pretty easy solenoid to replace though. There's tons of info on here if you search using that code as the search term.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:57 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kenafin_02TA
Did you install a torque converter recently? I know I started throwing that code shortly after I installed my torque converter, and is apparently a pretty common code. If you haven't installed a converter or it's been awhile, then yeah, that solenoid might be on it's way out. From what I've read, it's a pretty easy solenoid to replace though. There's tons of info on here if you search using that code as the search term.

yeah i installed a yank ss4000e....

so what do i need to do?
does it mean any thing?
Old 04-09-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

I don't remember if I read the exact cause of it...but since you just installed a converter, I'd say it's a false code. I started throwing that same code within a week of installing a TCS4200 in my car. No problems with the tranny, just the computer thinking something was wrong when there wasn't because of the difference between a stock converter and the aftermarket ones.

To get rid of the code permanently, if you don't have access to LS1Edit/HPTuners, you need to find someone in your area that does. You just need to have them edit out that code. (In LS1Edit, they need to set that code to...I think it's choice X...don't know how HPTuners does it.) Once the code is edited out, you'll be good to go. If it's going to be a little time before you can get the code edited out, have someone reset it (either you via something like Autotap, or an autoparts store.) I know when I reset the code, it was a few days before it came back again.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:47 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kenafin_02TA
I don't remember if I read the exact cause of it...but since you just installed a converter, I'd say it's a false code. I started throwing that same code within a week of installing a TCS4200 in my car. No problems with the tranny, just the computer thinking something was wrong when there wasn't because of the difference between a stock converter and the aftermarket ones.

To get rid of the code permanently, if you don't have access to LS1Edit/HPTuners, you need to find someone in your area that does. You just need to have them edit out that code. (In LS1Edit, they need to set that code to...I think it's choice X...don't know how HPTuners does it.) Once the code is edited out, you'll be good to go. If it's going to be a little time before you can get the code edited out, have someone reset it (either you via something like Autotap, or an autoparts store.) I know when I reset the code, it was a few days before it came back again.
so when this code is thrown it means there is nothing really wrong even though i cant shift out of 2nd?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
so when this code is thrown it means there is nothing really wrong even though i cant shift out of 2nd?
If you hadn't just installed a converter, then I'd say you had a problem, but since you just installed a converter, the tranny is fine, it's just throwing a code because of the converter being different. Like I said, when I installed a TCS4200, it took about a week before I threw the P0757 code. Worried me at first too, but once I did some reading on it, I knew I was ok. I turned off the code in LS1Edit and haven't had a problem since.

Get someone to turn that code off, and have fun with the converter!

Quick Reply: P0757