PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

What can change idle speed other than iac

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What can change idle speed other than iac

Okay i have had my computer tuned for my heads and cam well i have a problem of it reving on me well disconnected the iac and still does it no vacume leaks or nothing like that well at the shop we hooked a scanner up to it had the iac disconnected and went into engine idle speed and was able to change the idle temporary, What can make this do that, Maybe the maf, map sensor, What is left. thanks for any help also at idle my airfuel is at 18.6 my buddy at the shop said that is hella lean at idle. What do yall think thansk for anything
Old 04-16-2005, 08:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your saying your idle is high? If your 100% you don't have any vaccum leaks then try closing the throttle blade in a little with the set screw. You might have too much air coming in around the blade, or you hole in the blade has been drilled too much.

Frank
Old 04-16-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18 is too high. I tune it to 15-15.2 at idle open loop. The iac, hole in the blade or set screw are the only thing that should be used. Check for leaks after the maf, or on the vacuum lines. Make sure the map sensor line in the back of the intake is good.