Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR and TPS related problems.....Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AFR and TPS related problems.....Please help

I have had this prob with 2 cars: 99F m6 The first was a FAST equipped TB and the TPS was out of adjustment, once we went over 4.75V it went to a different AFR like 16:1 as opposed to the AFR that it was once this was all iron out around 12:1. No tuning changes.
The second car is the current problem: 01F m6 The TPS is from .5 (0%) to 4.5 @ WOT. I first put the car on the dyno and pulled to an 18:1 AFR all it has was stk programming, lid, true duals, mac headers, SLp TB, Zex kit. No vac leaks or anything. redrilled the TPS because the SLP TB took the voltage out of range and caused the prob or so i thought. Was not setting the prob for the next few runs. The dry N20 kit uses a TPS pinch connector on one of the wires +V I believe. I have added another ground to the TPS to make sure we arent losing any gnds. We have swapped TPS and stk TBs and no lasting changes.
Talked to a tech @ a chevy dealer here and said that it takes 10 sec to set the TPS code and @ 18:1 and WOT i dont think we are going to set that code or melt something first. The car is erratic it doesnt do this all the time. Sometimes it will run great and then it will go lean after a few WOTs.
I can reflash it (tuned to 13:1 when it doesnt screw up) and it will be fine for a few ignition cycles and WOT. After a few cycles it stats to go bonkers again. I can mask the TPS related codes and still no change. On EFI live the injector duty cycle reads the same on runs it goes lean or rich as I watch the 02 drop out. I have not looked into the fuel pressure. I may check that out next. I have yet to see an NA LS1 around 345RWHP drop fuel pressure though. I am at my wits end and I need help.
Thank you in advance.
Jermey Formato
Old 04-21-2005, 06:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to the top