Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone experienced...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:02 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Has anyone experienced...

Today, I was working on my VE/Idle tune and ran into something weird. I burned a new program and fired the car up with the HPT Scanner connected to the VCM. The car fired up and idled better than it ever has in the past 2 days. After about 20 seconds of idle I clicked the button to start the logger. The car immediately died right after I clicked the button and wouldn't idle right after it had been started again. Anyone else experience this????
Phil
Old 04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe because the engine got hot and it went into closed loop?? shouldnt do anything if u start to log, should act ok ???
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

The funny thing is I had a similar problem but different. I was having the car idle and I went to clear all of the trouble codes. As soon as i cleared them car died. I had a hard time getting the car started after that. Anyone have an explantion for that?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
The funny thing is I had a similar problem but different. I was having the car idle and I went to clear all of the trouble codes. As soon as i cleared them car died. I had a hard time getting the car started after that. Anyone have an explantion for that?
what codes were they? if the codes being set were forcing the car into another mod (example... a MAF code will cause the car to run in Speed Density.. but when you clear it it goes out of speed density and you'll notice the car running differently)

When an SES is set, alot more things are going on than just the light lighting up...
Old 04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some were O2 codes nothing serious I believe that there was a maf code that I reset I guess that would make more sense then why my car would died then the other guys....