Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie impressions of HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Newbie impressions of HP Tuners

Probably a repost but I thought I would just post my experiences. Tuners I've owned:

1. Tunercat for my 93, oh what fun it was to have to take the chip out to burn it and put it back in, I became an expert at removing the PCM. Worked OK though.

2. Predator actualy got a great tune from a popular non vendor for my LS1 setup even the local guru said the Part throttle was right on something he had never seen with a mail order tune. The unit itself was a pain took forever to flash and while it has scanning features it cannot log so trying to drive and look at your scan is not too safe.

3. Just hooked up HP tuner, did the stock file read, made adjustments to timing, fuel and dwell recommended by my tuner for my new header and loaded the program in like 30-40 seconds. The layout is very nice and easy to use. Did a scan for 15 minutes and I like the different layouts although I'm still having problems manually going through the scan and the slowest is too fast but I just need to play with it I'm sure it can do it. Not like I'm an expert at what I'm looking at anyways

So that said if you do not have a local tuner to go to and do not want to learn how to tune I use to say go with the predator and the custom tunes problem is he is charging for them now and you would really need autotap or something to do logging. So I would find a mail order tuner that uses HP tuners and buy it instead.

I got HP tuners for the scanning I can use on my 98 too, and I'd like to learn a little bit, I think I'm going to have it finalized by the pro (Robert Judd at Gen III) but would like to know more what is happening with my motor so its a nice fit.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like it!

Robert@Gen3 knows his stuff!

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traded in my LS1 Edit Cable for HPT. This was a great decision and now I know what I have been missing. It is nice to have the editing/scanning functions in one cable.