Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator Flash

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Predator Flash

I have just purchased a Diablo Programmer used from this forum. I know I need to send it in to get the VIN unlocked, however Diablo Sport informs me that I need to check to ensure that the previous user set the programmer back to its stock configuration.

How do I check to see if the programmer is back to its stock configuration?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

ask the person you got it from if they put the tune back into it... lol

Or you could download the interface from diablosports website, load in the tune, send it to them and have them check for you. That would suck to do all that to find out it wasn't the Predator program but someone elses stock tune...
Old 05-18-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can go through the menu's and it will tell you if current program is stock or diablo sport tune.

i had a predator long time ago, and don't remember the exact wording, I never bothered having it reset, as they're not smart enough to figure out how to tune the 98 cars.

Ryan
Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow
you can go through the menu's and it will tell you if current program is stock or diablo sport tune.

i had a predator long time ago, and don't remember the exact wording, I never bothered having it reset, as they're not smart enough to figure out how to tune the 98 cars.

Ryan
I think it was "peformance" tune
Old 05-19-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

I looked at the "car tune" section and it says the diablo tune. DiabloSports response was that it should say "original backup." Any experience with what the unit said when it was first loaded up?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

when you get a unit with an unmarried vin it will ask to backup your stock tune before you can install the performance tune or a custom tune. It will say "current tune installed" and should read "original or backup tune" like they are saying.
I also bought mine used from a member here and sent it in to have the vin unlocked. Fortunately I asked if it was set back to stock before I bought.
I would get in touch with whomever you bought it from and ask they do this for you, they should have known better.