Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air/fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default air/fuel gauge

im trying to hook up an air/fuel ratio gauge and im wondering if anyone knows what wire is the signal wire from the o2 sensor. help please
Old 05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Its been about two years since I have done mine but if I remember correctly I used the purple wire comming off the computer. Some chime in if Im wrong.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

haha....theres a very WIDE selection of purple wires comming from the computer....i was told it was the puple wire with the strip comming from the drivers side, but the gauge seems to bounce from one side to the other...it somtimes goes blank after sitting on the lean side for a couple seconds untill you get on it and it brings it back around....any say on that???

thanks for your help though!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll check later today... it is a purple wire, but i foret which...

Your AFR gauge behavior sounds normal though... the narrowband AFR gauges are really just a light show... not all that useful the behavior you're experiencing is normal ... O2 sensors bounce high low high low (or are supposed to at part throttle) ...
Old 05-23-2005, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Ill look at mine when I get off work. I agree with Horist, it sounds like you used the correct wire. The gauge is basically just an idiot light. Mine seems fairly accurate when I am at full throttle, other than that it just sweaps back and forth. But I will check to make sure the purple w/white strip is correct.

Last edited by CW01WS6; 05-23-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Purple with white will work
Old 05-24-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

thanks for the help....i agree that its a light show...didnt expect it to do that...i was thinking it would just light up the area that you were running at....

HORIST: I'll check later today... it is a purple wire, but i foret which...

Your AFR gauge behavior sounds normal though... the narrowband AFR gauges are really just a light show... not all that useful the behavior you're experiencing is normal ... O2 sensors bounce high low high low (or are supposed to at part throttle) ...

so you say its not that useful? what about at full throttle and idle? mine seems to stay stoich at idle...not sure about full throttle..havent really taken a good look at it.......whats it supposed to do