Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting air/fuel ratio

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting air/fuel ratio

Would something like the Hypertech HPP3 allow me to run leaner? I have open headers no cats open cutout, and i'm sure it's pretty rich. I also noticed a maf translator, but since I need to adjust my speedo calibration anyway, I was thinking of just getting the HPP3 if it would also help the fuel ratio.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

why do you think you would run richer???? Bolt-ons improve aiflow, and thus lean you out... Yes, you are scavenging more exhaust out, but a/f has everything to do with the amount of AIR and FUEL in the combustion chamber when the engine fires and nothing to do with the volume of exhaust flow. Your PCM can compensate somewhat for the added airflow, but essentially bolt on mods do nothing to add fuel, but they increase airflow which = leeeeean

HPP3 does not allow for fuel adjustability.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

ok thanks.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by txhorns281
why do you think you would run richer???? Bolt-ons improve aiflow, and thus lean you out... Yes, you are scavenging more exhaust out, but a/f has everything to do with the amount of AIR and FUEL in the combustion chamber when the engine fires and nothing to do with the volume of exhaust flow. Your PCM can compensate somewhat for the added airflow, but essentially bolt on mods do nothing to add fuel, but they increase airflow which = leeeeean

HPP3 does not allow for fuel adjustability.
Agreed, most bolt-ons will lean you up a bit. Also remember, you're not running cats so that will make the exhaust smell a little worse, making you think you're running richer than you really are.