Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

setting shift points, firmness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default setting shift points, firmness?

i am really new at this and am not sure where to set the shift points for the mods that i have. i thought that the shift points would go off of RPM and not MPH? but anyway, i was planning on getting a shift kit until i saw that you could set shift firmness. is this like getting a shift kit? and if used instead of a shift kit what should they be set at? i know that this is a lot of stuff but i really need some help, thanks in advance guys! oh by the way the tunning is being done with LS1edit.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Teching In

I can't give you the exacts with that setup, but your shifts should come in at about 6500 rpm, just remeber that the shift firmness is just pushing the line pressure up and that puts more stress on the trans as awhole. Do not increase more then 10% or 105 lbs. fo pressure unless your looking to get a new tranny in the future.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by F-Body4Life
I can't give you the exacts with that setup, but your shifts should come in at about 6500 rpm, just remeber that the shift firmness is just pushing the line pressure up and that puts more stress on the trans as awhole. Do not increase more then 10% or 105 lbs. fo pressure unless your looking to get a new tranny in the future.
yeah, i thought that it should be shifting somewhere in that range but how in the hell do i figure out what MPH that will be? so i guess that i should just leave the shift firmness alone. there is no way in hell tha i can afford a new tranny right now!