Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do i start reading guys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do i start reading guys?

what are some good places to read, id search here ,but i dont know what im searching for... i dont know what a ve table timing table is ect.. i know all my motor specs and no ppl know how to tune for it and i know what i want it to do ect.... but i kinda wanna learn more here.. thinking about getting hp tuners.. since its a nitrous car i dont wanna compromise with a n2o tune for both motor and spray ect... just asking for some help getting started so i can do a bit of reading.. i tried reading a lot of these threads and was lost! i mean imagine back to when u were brand new to this stuff.. i mean brand new.. what would u go back and tell urself then that you know now...

i herad efi live is good... and that its like 800$

i can get hp tuners for 500...

or a dyno tune for 400$....

help me learn a lil about this guys.. i would actually paypal someone to teach me the basics!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start at the stickies in this forum....

dyno tune for 400 is a good choice if you don't want to learn to tune yourself....

Learning the LSx PCM takes time.... read read read.....

I've used HP tuners for well over 1.5 years on both of my cars ..... I like it....

You'll want to look into a wideband O2 sensor as well.... Innovate Motorsports has some for relatively inexpensive ... dynojet is nice as well... wideband is the ONLY way to get an accurate AFR at WOT

There are many knowledgable people in this forum to help you.... I try to help as much as I possibly can.... as do others
Old 06-23-2005, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i just read that entire new to tuning thing in the sticky... i understood some of the tq management stuff and maybe 3% of that whole article lol.... if i had hp tuners in front of me i would have accomplished very little lol

do u think it would be a bad idea to get a mail order tune for 250$, and then get hp tuners.. the guy does great great mail order tunes so that would be a good start for me...

or the same guy will also give me a discount on that 400$ dyno tune if he uses my hp tuners.. then he could also make me a few different' tunes for n/a nitrous ect.. i could maybe build off of that then?

or should i just get hp tuners and read read read?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look into either HPT or EFI Live if you want to tune the car yourself. Depending on your application, it might be best if you get the software yourself and learn.