Sponsored by:

O2 sim degradation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sim degradation?

Hi,

I live in an emissions test area. Right now my car is 6 mos late for the OBD2 test. They will not give the sniffer as an alternative here.

For a '96, I have to have 3 of 5 readiness monitors set "ready" to pass. For those of you who don't know, the LT1 has the old style vacuum EGR valve with an electronic solenoid to activate it.

The EGR valve is deleted but the solenoid is intact, and I used LT1 edit to set the egr values impossibly high, so it never commands the valve to open.

So, right now I have EGR and O2 Heater monitors set to ready. The AIR monitor is out since that is totally deleted and turned off.

I need one more of the remaining two tests to set "ready". I've driven the hell out of the car and neither O2 Sensor or Catalyst monitors will set.

I know most of you turn your rear O2's off. I could do that too except I need as many of the readiness monitors running as possible to pass emissions every year. So I use sims and that way I can get any 3 of the remaining four test to pass me.

Is it possible for the sims output range to degrade or change over time? I'm not getting any codes whatsoever, but if the sims output changed and the PCM thought the cats were not 100% up to par, would that prevent the catalyst monitor from setting?

I'm beyond tired of this crap. When's somebody going to come up with a fake PCM output for the ALDL so we can pass this OBD2 test?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a way to flash your pcm? if so ill send you a file to pass. If not send it to me ill program it for you to pass, I dont charge anything to do that.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have LT1 edit and a laptop, been doing my own programming for 4 yrs. Do you need my current file?

Thanks!