Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick disconnect resistance concern

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick disconnect resistance concern

Hey guys, just wandered about something. I'm in the middle of installing my LC-1 for my HP. I purchased a small project box to put the Calibration switch, LED, 5amp fuse holder and to serv as a hub for the wiring connections. My ? is, I am making a quick disconnect from the LC-1 harness to the project box. I am using some Radio Shack Interlocking terminals for this duty. The contact resistance shows .0025 ohm and it shows a voltage drop of 2.5mv at 1A. I dont see this posing any real problem but I just wanted to get you opinions here. Thank you!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That's nothing to worry about - the +12 from the car will vary way more than that, with lots of voltage spikes and noise on the line. (I assume the LC-1 has some kind of filtering on the power line. I've got one also, haven't hooked it up yet.)
Old 07-11-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patSS/00
That's nothing to worry about - the +12 from the car will vary way more than that, with lots of voltage spikes and noise on the line. (I assume the LC-1 has some kind of filtering on the power line. I've got one also, haven't hooked it up yet.)
I thought that was correct but I just wanted some input. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Thank you!