Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband location

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband location

I have long tube headers and I finally received my lc-1 widbeand in. I'm running in sd mode so I'm going to take out one of the front o2 sensors. I was reading somewhere, can't remember where, that the wideband o2 shouldn't be placed in the driver side front o2. Why is that, or is that not true?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have our mounted in the driver's side O2 bung on our FlowTechs. In fact, it was tuned that way. The only draw back is if you are attempting to tune part throttle and need the narrow band O2 readings, then you should't install the WB on the front O2 bungs.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

check out the forum at www.efilive.com

there is a good post that explains how to hook up the lc-1 and send the simulated narrowband back to the PCM
Old 07-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Probably a stupid question, but why would you need the narrowband readings for part throttle? Since I'm using wideband, can't I just adjust the VE table according to what is commanded(not necessarily stoich, whatever is entered in the open loop f/a vs ect vs map table of hp tuners) versus what is actual afr?

TAQuickness. I never bothered to look at efi's site as I have hptuners, but I actually clicked the linked and did some reading... There is a lot of good stuff there.

Thanks for the help..
Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you plan on using the stock O2 again? If you do, there is no point to trying to be that accurate, as the stock O2s will never be able to duplicate those results. It is best to allow the fuel trims to learn to adjust and keep the A/F close the stoichmetric value as possible using the stock O2s.

Now, if you plan to stay Open Loop, then the method you are describing is correct.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

gsgto - Glad you found it helpful. Likewise, I don't have the HPT, but I frequent the site. Tuning is tuning - I'll take all the help I can get!