Sponsored by:

dead 02 sensor(s)? help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead 02 sensor(s)? help please

i was out tuning tonight- first cool/nice night in a while

i am using hptuners, using my stock narrowband 02's (i know- it is stupid but i can get a fair idea where im at) watching knock and the 02's. i had to lean the car out ALOT after i put the lt headers/ory/cutout on it.

my ltft's are all good, all 0's at wot. im power enrichment i had to lean the car out from about 1.17 or so to where im at now, right around 1.08-1.045 in the powerband. does this sound too much of an adjustment to anybody? seemed like alot to me, but the car is still not seeing any knock- only sometimes a few degrees on 3-1 downshifts and it only happens on that run.

i was aiming for ~870 for the 02's, and no knock. i got it close, some cells were way lower and some in the high 800's and low 900's, but like i stated still no knock.

and then.... all of a sudden my car is not reading like it is going into open loop- the o2's keep cycling and going up and down during wot runs. i was getting crazy readings like 350 at 6krpms with no knock- which cannot be right.

now- i extended the 02 sensors with crimp connectors and shrink wrap, plus electrical tape and wire loom. it is not impossible that one of the connections is bad, but it is not throwing any codes for the front 02 sensors (! rear 02's). i think i killed them/ one of them but looking for opinions.

cliff notes-

is - .15 on power enrichment too much- but still no knock.

#### it is not dyno'd and wideband tuned because im hurting for cash right now- but it will on a wideband as soon as i can afford it. i do not want to blow it up however, but with no/very little kr i should be fine so i don't think that is the issue.

anybody take a crack at it- im open to experienced opinions. thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have seen some cars near 14 afr in the mid to 870 range, other cars like mine seem to be around 13 in the 870 to 890 range. its a start but no gurantee.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.