Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Light

Hi guys, I am hoping someone can help me out. I own a 2001 SS and a while back my SES light came on and the car would shake and I would notice a strong odor coming from the exhaust and my exhaust tips would be completely black. The light would come and go, but sometimes would stay on for a while. I decided to take my car to the dealership, they scanned it and found several codes (PO174,PO300,P1153,P1154.) They concluded that I had a restricted fuel filter. It was replaced, supposedly, the codes were cleared, and was road tested. Light didn't come back on. I was alittle apprehensive since the light would disappear for a while and then unexpectedly would come on. A week passed and the light returned and I brought it back to the dealership. For almost a month they had it, but could not duplicate the problem. I decided to take my car to my ex-girlfriend's fathers shop. It took him a while to duplicate the problem, ran some tests, and found that the only thing he could think of was a bad O2 sensor. He replaced it and the car ran fine for several months. Now recently I am experiencing the same problem. I brought the car to a mechanic a friend recommended. He scanned it and found the PO174 code. He suggested I try some fuel system cleaner and if the light came back on to bring it back. The car was fine for a while, but recently the SES light was flashing while I was warming her up, but disappeared when I drove off and just yesterday the SES light came back. Could it be a bad O2 sensor again? How likely is that to happen so soon after it was replaced? Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you replaced it with another bosh o2 sencor then yes ... those things go bad alot...
Old 08-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Teching In

It wasn't a Bosch O2 sensor, believe it was a stock replacement.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Teching In

ttt please
Old 08-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Teching In

ttt one more time
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Any help????